Friday 20 June 2008

Buea Boy

The Buea boy is back in town. It's always nice to get back to Buea and see everyone again. All the kids at the Orock house greet me warmly and Frederique 'my friend' at Abidjan actually hugged me, just overjoyed to see me again, it's all rather lovely.

This last month has just dissapeared. I've done so much and had so much fun and the time has flown by. Now time is running out.

The thing i have to do now is start thinking about what i have to do before i leave. Mainly buy a few more presents for everyone and print a few hundred photos of people here (a stipulation of snapping someone is you must give them a copy). I want to try and get that done before i go to Mamfe on Sunday. I also have to work on a new fundraising proposal for UAC and send about a million emails to charities and donar organisations. I also have to write a report for Africa Trust about my stay here.

Ahhhh!!! I'm running out of time!!!

Nice story today. I had just finished scrubbing my laundry and i was sitting relaxing listening to me ipod on the porch when Sandra, one of the cute wee kids in the neighbourhood came to say hello. I let her listen to a track of the new Jose Gonzalez album and she listened to the whole track intently. She was fascinated by it and when she had finished she said "He sounds sad, but sad things can be beautiful" Which i thought was incredibly profound for a nine year old girl.

No comments: