Tuesday 18 March 2008

Vocational unit

So here i am, on my lonesome with UAC, the only foreign volunteer and it seems, the only white man in Cameroon. I'm being melodramatic of course, it's just weird living alone in this big house with only tarantulas for company!!

I'm extremely busy at the moment with school on wheels, remedial reading and now the vocational unit. The vocational department is one of the programmes at UAC which offers woodwork, electricity and painting classes to teenagers who are keen to get a trade under their belts. The kids all seem lovely, but i realise it's going to be hard work as their english and maths skills vary dramatically. I'll try my best though and hopefully i can depart some knowledge to them, but maybe not on long division.

My first class with them is today so i hope they take it easy on me.

1 comment:

lins said...

hey jas, I was just gonna drop you an email but my email's playing up, so thought i'd just drop in here just to say, i'm loving reading your blog, and finding out what you're up to.. Meeting that runner woman, that sounded cool :) Be careful of the tarantulas. Hope the vocational unit thing goes / went well.

Take it easy man, The listenin rooms miss you :)
lindsay x