Thursday 13 March 2008

Abidjan

If you decide to come and volunteer with UAC, I would recommend my local, Abidjan as your watering hole.
It is run by a very amiable chap named Frederique who calls me “my friend’ so frequently that it has become a running joke between us.

“Hello my friend”
“Hello Frederique, how are you my friend?”
“Good, my friend. How are you my friend?”
“Always good my friend, coke or export my friend?”
“Export cold my friend”
“Very good……my friend”

That is an exact quote of our conversation we had yesterday. He’s a lovely guy, he really is. Please tell him “his friend” from Scotland sent you, and he said you should call him my friend.

You can sit and watch the world go by and listen to some makossa music and if you’re lucky, Bryan Adams. Sip on some export for 450CFA (50p). If You’re feeling peckish there is Bobe’s soya stand right outside, which offers beef?? On a stick served with onions and a tongue-busting pepe spice.

Believe me it works!! I’ve tried it.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Yummm....Soya....Miss that so much.

Abidjan's was a great place. We had all the volunteer parties there.