Saturday 29 March 2008

Cynthia

My next door neighbour Cynthia is a sweet 9 year old girl who comes over to my house so i can help her with her reading and homework.

She comes from quite a musical family who all get up at the crack of dawn and sing their hearts out...badly. Not one of them can hold a note!! it's actually quite funny to be woken up by a family all screeching away like a chorus of toothless cats. I wish i had the means to record it as it would certainly be YouTube gold. It's like living next door to the Waltons. They're happy though, so who am i to critisize.

Anyway Cynthia comes over and i help her read. She's got a long way to go but her level is far higher than i'm used to. She needs glasses as well cause when we've been reading for more than half an hour she says, "ay, my eyes are paining". I'd like to try and get her glasses but this will be dependent on the money situation before i go.

She's a funny wee girl and she gives me hell for smoking too.
"Don't you know you'll get a black heart?" she hisses with her arms folded.
"that's heavy, you should be a counsellor" I say
"Don't you know you're ending yourself?" Is her other gem
There's not really much you can say to that. "c'mon lets read"

No comments: