Monday 5 May 2008

Bon voyage Meredith

Well Meredith jetted off for the U.S of A via France last night, her time in Cameroon has come to an end. We had a conversation a while ago about how bittersweet it was to be leaving, happy to see family and friends, but sad to be leaving great friends behind. I think she made up her mind that one day she'll return to Cameroon.
I feel the same way. Whenever i speak to my Dad on the phone he always asks me "is your heart still in Cameroon?" Yes it is. You could say that Meredith and I have caught the Cameroon bug, and i don't just mean malaria.

We had a wee party for her departure at small Buea by night on Saturday. Two tables were required for the throng of thirsty well-wishers. Last night we all drove to Doulala to have some pizza (good) and took her to her scheduled destination where the big metal bird awaited to fly away from this fascinating place.

Good Bye Meredith x

No comments: