Tuesday 22 January 2008

Jesus saves me?

Went to a gospel church on sunday after being invited by my friend George - a born again christian. I thought it might be quite hypocrytical to go but on george's insistance and a genuine curiosity to see what it was like i went along. It was supposed to be my day of rest but i thought sod it.

The music was amazing with a full gospel choir and quite a funky band to back them up. People really let the emotion of the preaching and the singing take them. I looked over at george at one point to find him in floods of tears mumbling "i will do anything, i will do anything".

At the end of the show i was ushered forward to sign the visitors book. I thought i was just going to write a nice wee message like 'thanks for a wonderful morning the music was amazing' but when i got up front the girl with the book asked me which church i was with?. I said no church. The girl looked at me as if i were satan himself.

I was not allowed to sign the book as it was reserved for men of god.
It was quite an experience.

Yesterday i have been sick as a god...i mean dog. Woke up with a feeling in my stomach like i was trying to digest a lightbulb!. Of course the hypochondria kicked in and i thought i had a giant tapeworn snuggling up inside me, but no, it was sickness and diarrhoea of the very worst order.
As i write this on tuesday i'm feeling a lot better though.

On lighter news the water came back on yesterday (it's been off since friday). When i switched on the shower i almost started crying as i seen the water arcing out of the shower head. Praise jesus!!!. Never in my life have i ever relished a freezing cold shower more. I also got my laundry done too cause the pant crisis was getting critical.

See you x

No comments: