Tuesday 15 April 2008

Typhoid

So i woke up yesterday and my whole body creaked like a shoody deck-chair. When i got out of bed i actually thought i had dislocated my patella as my knees cracked like a whip when i straightened them.

I went up to the doctors and she took more blood for testing. When i got the results back i was informed that the malaria had gone but now the typhoid was having a wee go. She had been treating for the typhoid as well as the malaria but it managed to slip by like a silent, dangerous hitch-hiker that you'd forgotten you'd picked up along the road.

I came back and resumed reading an amazing Bertrand Russell autobiography, at one point my attention was roused when i seen a tiny black frog jumping about my room. Startled, i leapt out of bed to find something to butcher the beast with, but when i turned round, he had vanished. I entered a dreamless void of a sleep and when i awoke there was a giant millipede lying by my face. I actually screamed until i had a closer inspection of what it was; my black beaded bracelet had broken off and shed its beads like millioins of millipede eggs. So i've been hallucinating quite wildly, which is nice.

Throughout all this i have been lucky enough to have an insatiable appetite and unquenchable thirst, if i didn't i'm sure i would be a lot sicker than i am. Now the Doctor is giving me butt-shots for the typhoid, i'm off for one now, bye.

No comments: